Let’s talk about Patrick Lavone Mahomes the star Quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs. This kid is getting quite the recognition for his amazing skill out of the field. Already exceeding records and making a name for himself at the young age of 23 he has a multitude of talent and was definitely one of the best draft picks I’ve seen in a long time! Check out our facts and statistics regarding this great football player and if you didn’t already appreciate his skill set you will for sure after reading this post!
Facts/Statistics of Patrick Mahomes
- Born on september 17, 1995, his dad is Major league baseball pitcher Patrick Mahomes. Which makes him Patrick Mahomes II
- Grew up playing football, baseball and basketball but had a love and skill for football
- Attended college and played football for Texas Tech before being drafted by the Chiefs in 2017 as the 10th overall pick
- His passes are clocked at a whopping 60mph!
- Teams such as the Arizona Cardinals, New Orleans Saints, Cincinnati bengals, LA Chargers, Cleveland Browns, Chicago Bears and the Pittsburgh Steelers all were looking to draft him
- As of July 20, 2017 the Chiefs signed him with a guaranteed 4 year contract paying 16.42 million dollars with a signing bonus of 10.08 million
- In his first starting game against the Denver Broncos he played most of the game and helped lead the Chiefs to a 27-24 win, accomplishing 22 out of 35 passes and 284 yards with an interception
- As of January 20, 2018 the Chiefs traded their starting Quarterback Alex Smith and made Mahomes their starting quarterback. In his first game as starting quarterback he lead the Chief to a 38-28 win against the LA Chargers
- He is the first ever to throw 3,000 yards in his first 10 games
- Most ever touchdown passes made in his first 3 career games
- Youngest quarterback to throw 6 touchdowns in 1 game at just 22 years old
This kid is just beginning his football career and already taking the field by storm. With a little more professional game play under his belt he is surely to become even more on fire! Way to go Patrick Mahomes, the Chiefs were lucky to sign you and we are sure the ALL of the teams looking at you as a top prospect are upset they didn’t offer and close a deal with you before Kansas scooped you up!